CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Memories

We were at the cabin when a bald eagle flew over head. I was standing outside with Kendall and I wanted so bad for her to remember that moment. I yelled remember this Kendall, remember this. Hoping so despertaly that she would remember that moment. This got me to thinking about how I want there little minds to remember everything good about there childhood. I know that I will try so hard to fill there youth with exciting and lasting memories. This led me to remember my childhood memories. I thought really hard and over and over in my head I kept seeing my cousin's house. I can remember the smells and all the details, right down to the burnt kitchen floor because somebody put the pan of mac and cheese on the ground. I can't remember the house I grew up in but I can remember hers. Watching On Our Own in the basement trying to catch the dust particles as the sun shined throught the window. Eating popsicles on the freezer in the basement. Running around her yard hiding by the door on the side of the house so nobody would find us. Dancing to criss/cross with pants on our heads. Then there was the vacation to Nebraska. Catching a bat in our hotel room. Playing cards on the floor of the van. All of these things fill my mind and I wonder why to I remember this? My mother was not standing there yelling remember this Candice, but yet I rememberd the laughs shared with RicAnn and all the time we spent together and how these memories flood my childhood. I hope that my daughters can find a friend like her to fill there memories.Thanks for taking a walk down memory lane. I felt like I needed to right down these memories, although I feel like I will always remember.

2 comments:

RicAnn said...

Candino! As I read this my eyes teared up. I've been thinking about this to. I was just telling Dave about all of our fun times. I remember everything we did at your house. Funny how that works. I remember countless sleepovers at your house and giggling till wee hours of the morning. I'm so glad that we were able to get together. I hope that we don't go another 5 years before we do it again. Thanks for being you and making my childhood just as awesome!

Loves
XOXO

Michelle said...

you both made me cry! you two show what friendship is all about. 5 years apart and you both just picked up the pieces got caught up and are sharing memories again. I loved watching you two grow up you were always a good laugh!
Love ya both
MOM

Post a Comment